The previous meeting with a certain guest created opportunities to revive buried emotions that had long died.
Sauntering with feline grace, he placed a long fingered hand on the banister of the grand staircase. Presenting himself confidently, he nodded his guest to be at ease.
“How do you do?” he asked slyly at his guest who narrowed her eyes. Clearing his throat quietly, he continued, “To what do I owe for this honorable meeting? Seriously, you hardly visit me. I wonder why.”
“Cut the act Giov,” she hissed at him and he looked at her unfazed, “Fine, since you want to play dumb with me, I’ll go straight to the point. Why are you not returning?”
Giovanni let out a quiet and short bitter laugh. “Dear mother, I honestly didn’t know you cared.”
“Giov, don’t pretend that I have never cared about you!” she snarled at him.
“Is that so?” he interrupted her with visible struggle to control his exploding volatile temper, “Without being a clan member, I can grow beyond what I am now. Being a clan member only forces me to limit my potential of being a greater superpower! For god’s sake mother, people fear me because I’m something else and not because I’m part of some goody-two-shoes clan!”
“Listen to me, you’ll return,” she threatened him. This left no room for arguments. She turned bout her heel and left.
Turning away feeling ashamed, he strolled towards a window. Angling himself slightly, half of his body melted into the darkening firmament. Bright innocent light reflected off his misty green eyes as he stared into the endless garden. “Why must I return?” he thought bitterly, “Why doesn’t she understand that I resided here to escape that?” Growling softly, he winced and made his decision. He would return and fulfill his mother’s last wish.
Picking his heavy leather coat, he marched into the snow covered ground. Glancing back, he prayed hard that he would see his home when he returned alive. Traveling into the snowstorm did not alter his determination to meet his mother. Yes, he would do anything his mother would wish of him that was his promise to her.
X.X.X.X.X.
Self-welcoming himself into the simple home of his mother, Giovanni dropped his coat uncharacteristically on an armchair. Settling himself into a loveseat, he looked at his mother, devoid of any emotion.
“Giov, why are you here at this hour?” she asked him as she poured his black warm coffee, “Surely there must be something you want to discuss…”
Sipping his coffee and allowing the warmth radiated from the fireplace to warm him a little. “I have decided Mother,” he concluded as he faced his mother’s passive face, “I will return because you wish for it.” The words ‘because you wish for it’ sung into her ears as Angela froze in shock. Her son had faithfully kept to the promise he vowed four years ago. Dark misty emerald eyes met clear azure eyes. Tearing his eyes away, Giovanni got up and walked out the door and into the heartless snowstorm.
“Giov, it’s okay if you don’t wish to go,” Angela placed a hand on her seventeen years old son who stopped in his tracks momentarily. She realized too late. Returning there meant that her only child had to face hurtful memories and experience prejudice and this was price to pay for the promise.
“One wish or favour was what I promised you, mother,” Giovanni murmured as he hugged his mother tightly, absorbing whatever warmth she could give, “You wish for it and I shall grant.” With that message sent, he released her and disappeared into the darkness.
X.X.X.X.X.
Returning home, Giovanni changed his attire into a more appropriate attire. Putting on a pair of black leather jeans and a white shirt, Giovanni made his way before the mirror. Restyling his hair, he ruffled and made it looked like an unkempt spiky hair. After that was done which took a considerably long time, he made his walked down the empty corridors of his home to a room just for footwear. Choosing, picking and soon he wore his most heaviest black boots.
Walking along the relatively calm corridor, Giovanni stopped by the last room. The room that held all the items that could trigger those tragic, heartless, hateful memories. Letting out an angry sigh, he fixed the chains very carefully and creatively. The long and heavy chains snaked up his entire length without being an obstruction to his path. He turned and faced another mirror.
Looking into the mirror, he smiled grimly to himself. Noticing that he looked exactly the same, made him wince audibly. It just showed even if he had worry himself silly, his charming face would not have been grazed by aged lines. “I guess this is a trip down memory lane and into that world,” he grimaced and picked his supplies after throwing his coat over his broad shoulders, “I guess this is it.”
If only he knew this was the last time he would be walking out his house…If only he knew this was going to be the last time he saw his house…If only he knew what awaited him in that world…If only he knew, he might have gone against his promise but Giovanni was a man of his words. That was going to be the biggest mistake of his life…or not.
ME
Same shit, different day...So sian.
So very bored. Always bored.
Hopes and goals
Never ever taste defeat, I guess?
Reduce the chances of failing miserably...
Hates
Be a burden
Boring stuff, and sitting still
History
April 2009
July 2009
January 2010
February 2010
May 2010
Others
LinK
LinK
LinK
LinK
LinK
Share your constructive critics